They say swimming is one complete exercise because you pretty much use every important muscle in your body. This is probably based on scientific data and one might not have any reasons to say it cannot be true. How about our beloved sport: surfing? Surfing is also a complete exercise that applies stress to pretty much every muscle in your body. There are many reasons why surfing is a great way to stay in shape. If you are active on the sport, it comes to you as obvious that in order for you to practice surfing at its fullest, it is imperative for you to stay fit. The great thing is that the sport in itself will help you stay in shape. So, basically you stay fit while performing the sport you love. What a great way to achieve and maintain a beautiful, slender shape!
These are some reasons why surfing is a great way to stay in shape:
- When you are entering the water you need to paddle into the wave. This exercise applies stress to the biceps and triceps. But let us not forget about the ubiquitous, latissimus dorsi, the deltoid, the trapezius, and the rectus abdominis. All these muscles must be warmed up prior to entering the water.
- Once you have seen the wave, you must place yourself into position with both feet on your board. This is where the muscles in your arms and legs will come into action.
- While you are standing on the board, you are using your lower body muscles to keep yourself in position.
- The hips go through a lot of exercise as they are important while you are swaying against a wave.
- Practicing the sport for at least 30 minutes for at least three to four times per week will definitively get you in shape and with this, make you better at surfing.
We all know how surfing can be lots of fun. Now, it becomes more productive when you add what a complete sports it is. It is advisable, of course that with surfing as exercise, you engage into personal training to learn how to stay fit. This will allow you to provide yourself with supplementary beverages and toners to stay on the shape you wish.
Surfing is not only about shaping muscle but also a sport that provides you with a healthy physique that enhances breathing, lung strength, and blood circulation. Enjoy the sport, use a structured fitness program, and watch your body acquire and maintain a perfect fit.